These pages are required reading for the entirety of the E 115 – Introduction to Computing Environments course. This is also a handy reference guide for after you have completed the class and need a refresher.
Please use the sidebar to navigate through the textbook pages.
Updates are usually made to this textbook at the end of every semester or as things on campus change. If you find any problems in the textbook, or would like to see some information added, fill out the Textbook Errors and Additions Form.
You must be logged into your NC State Google Account to fill out the form.
- Have knowledge of all resources afforded to you by the University
- Know the difference between commonly used Operating Systems
- Understand and use basic and more advanced UNIX commands
- Have a basic understanding of how to use spreadsheet software
- Be able to create basic webpages using HTML code
- Be able to style your webpages using CSS Stylesheets
- Understand the different types of network relationships
- Know what each type of computer port is and what it is used for