This chapter will focus on file systems of computers in general, as well as the AFS system here on NC States’s campus environment. Also included in this chapter is how to access AFS using software provided by the University.
- Identify the types of file systems for each OS
- Match each node in a file tree to its identifier
- Understand the rules behind Linux file names and extensions
- Memorize certain path names
- Utilize path names in the AFS system
- Access AFS using campus installed software
For details on downloading, installing and using applications for transferring files, remotely using applications, or taking advantage of Windows Based VCL images, visit our Software Instructions area.