One goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and resources to become a more responsible and effective computer user. To achieve this goal, you will be provided with information about protecting your machine from viruses, spyware, adware, hackers, and other malicious risks inherent to internet and computer usage.
Additionally, the tools and resources outlined in this chapter will be used frequently throughout your university career and are imperative to the effective use of computing environments on campus.
For more detailed information about technology on campus, check out the OIT website.
- Be able to explain the creation, use, and manipulation of your University account
- Be able to utilize the campus Nomad wireless network
- Be able to explain the importance of backing-up files
- Be able to explain the importance of, and how to use, antivirus and spyware software
- Be able to explain the importance of regularly scheduling operating system updates
- Understand the appropriate use of campus e-mail
- Be able to use Learning Management Systems on campus
- Understand the campus WolfPrint service
- Gain knowledge of basic computing ethics